Friday, July 6, 2012

7-5-12



Hey Moms,
Sorry I didn’t send any photos last week, I hadn’t taken any ha-ha. I am emailing right now because we postponed our p-day this week so we could go to the market in Chichicastenango today. Thursday is market day here, and that is the biggest market in the whole country. It was just nuts, literally people were just swarming around us trying to speak to us in English and sell their crap. There were a ton of gringos too. It was crazy. They all looked so surprised to see us. They would all come up to us and ask us where we were from and things like that. So strange to see white people again. I got you some stuff to finish up your bday package, don’t worry I didn’t forget your bday, just hadn’t found anything cool enough to send you, so keep an eye out for that.

There are some ruins here in my area that are pretty famous too, they are called Gumarrkah or something like that, we are allowed to go if we go with the zone, well probably go eventually I am sure. Yeah I don’t really know if I will ever get a gringo comp. The mission is mostly latinos, and there is only one or two non gringo lat companionships in the whole mission.  If I ever train I am sure it will probably be a latin.

I can’t believe that the 4th of July passed. I hate holidays in the mission because I can always remember exactly what I was doing that day the year before. Crazy though, we didn’t really do anything to celebrate because my comp wasn’t too stoked about an only American holiday ha-ha. We did go buy some ice cream though so that was nice. It has been suuper hot here lately too, the rain has kind of hit a break, and it’s supposed to start again in a few weeks or so.

Things are just kind of going here though. Sorry I don’t really have any kind of stories or anything to share. We have just been contacting a lot lately because we don’t really have that many good people to teach right now. Anyway, I will write more Monday, its almost 9 o clock, probably should start heading home.
Adam



No comments:

Post a Comment