Tuesday, July 17, 2012

7-17-12


Hey Moms,

So the new training program is two changes, so my comp is in his second change right now. His trainer has one less change then me and he got called to be a zone leader. Yeah our president has been doing some...strange things lately. It’s weird because there are a ton of kids that are finishing their missions right now, and a ton that are starting. In September, my group will be the third oldest group in the mission. I will have like 10 months ha-ha. So yeah, the mission is super super young right now. We went today and played soccer against some of the other zones and there were so many kids that I had never seen before. Which is weird since I have pretty much been around the whole mission and I feel like there are very few elders that I don’t know. McGrath didn’t go to byu before his mission but he got accepted and differed, speaking of which, you took care of my deferment right?


Google earth was correct. My area is just pure mountains. I like it but my legs are just dead tired every day. The hill to get to our house is nuts. We literally have to take breaks to get to the top. It’s a good 10 or 15-minute climb and its practically straight up. Its not like were not used to walking either, we walk all day every day so were in pretty good walking shape. On the brightside though, if I am here for a few changes (hopefully, I will cry if I have changes again) I will have some nicely toned buns. Work off some of that tortilla fat I have put on. I’m getting fat ha-ha. I thought I would come here and get loaded with parasites and drop a ton of weight, nope, turns out eating greasy meat and tortillas only makes you fatter.

There is a huge catholic church here though, crazy people. We always get lost in the milpa (the giant corn fields) but we can always kind of get a sense of direction because you can always see the great and spacious building from anywhere in the whole town. There are a few roads, but to get to houses and stuff we have to go through the milpa. It’s crazy because it’s like 7 feet tall, so we just kind of walk a little lost. But I will admit it does remind me of the Vermont house like crazy. If you watch the movie Signs, and just change all the actors into short Latinos, you would have my area.


We are in a ward and it’s actually pretty well established which is super nice. There were 130 people that attended this week. We are also sharing the area with two other Elders, a Mexican with 5 months and a greenie. So yeah, I am the senior elder in the area, working on 8 months and I am the vet ha-ha. Like I said, the mission is super young.

My comp’s Spanish isn’t bad, like he has a pretty gringo accent but he speaks a lot better than most of the people with his time. I told you guys his dad also served in Buena’s Aires right? How crazy is that? I would love to go with pops to Argentina. Tell Alex and Dayoung sorry, I am not going to marry a Korean, I am going to marry an Argentinean. They have the best accent out of all the Spanish speaking countries and they basically look American so it’s a win win situation for me.

The house we live in is pretty nice except the mountain climb and the fleas are eating me alive. I don’t know what it is? I have bathed everything I own with bug killer and repellant and nothing. They are just super pulgas or something and raid doesn’t kill them. Or missionaries have been trying to kill them for so long that they just built up a super immunity and now they are totally immune. Hopefully not.

Those pics of the mountains made me super baggy. I am going to live in the mountains one day. When I get home pops and I are going skiing. Make reservations now. I love the Tetons and the cabiny feeling. Ahhhh, making me baggy moms, making me baggy.

Anyways, nothing really sticks out in my mind to tell you guys from this week except I finally destroyed someone while Bible bashing. Am I a real missionary now? I pulled like 10 scriptures all out of the Bible and had some guy just straight stuttering. I wasn’t planning on doing it but the guy really made me mad ha-ha. He was kind of being really sarcastic and mouthy to my comp who was talking to him about baptism, so I rocked the guy. Pulled out some stuff against infant baptism because the guy was catholic and then the guy no joke told me "Somewhere in John it says we don’t have to exactly follow Jesus, just for the most part." I just looked at the guy with my mouth wide open for like 10 seconds and just handed him my Bible and said, "show me". He just started stuttering and I let into the guy and scripture bombed him.  Afterwards my comp was just like "Uhhhh, we could have handled that better". I just started laughing and was kind of like yeah probably, whatever, it felt good.

But yeah, that’s about all that was noteworthy from this week. I did get a package from gram, it was sweet, she sent the book about Porter Rockwell, uhhh I already finished it ha-ha. It was actually really cool but not that long. I was wondering if in the package your getting ready you could send me a few things. First of all The Day of Defense, and also a copy of Mormon Doctrine, and then some more anti itch things for bug bites. The medicated baby powder actually works really really well for the pulga bites, so maybe another thing of that, the one that dad sent before is like target brand. That would be more than anything the things I want/need to fulfill all my ocd desires. Thanks.
Love you mom, have a good week.
Adam

P.S. In the pic with the tags, notice how dirty my tag is compared to my comps, that is not the light, the letters on my tag are actually turning brown. yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment