Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Peace Has It's Victories

Hola Everybody!

Weeks here are absolutely flying by now. I am loving the MTC. It was a little bit of a sad day when my four roommates left for Paraguay and Jayson left for Malaysia yesterday. I got some really awesome pictures with everyone so I will be sending a bunch of CD's of everything home soon. It’s strange to think I only have two weeks left in the states. I am ready to leave but at the same time I am pretty terrified. My Spanish keeps progressing really well; I am not too scared of that, just scared to finally leave the comfort of Provo. I can’t believe I have already lived in this town for over a year, definitely the fastest and happiest year of my life. I am sure it only gets better from here on too.

 As for my district, I am still the DL, and we have 5 elders and 4 hermanas. The two elders left for Guatemala last week was the only changes we had in our district. As for my room we were informed this Wednesday we are getting four new roommates, so that should be fun too. I have totally taken over my room ha-ha. I took the best bed and laid claim to my own desk. It is really nice to actually have somewhere to study and write letters and stuff.

Other than that it has been a really really quiet week here. The routine has really settled in and I feel the learning curve of everything is exponentially growing. I feel so blessed to be here. I am just always amazed at how many awesome people I am able to be around. When I come home I would love to teach here. I loooove all of our teachers. It is so cool to see how much they learned on their missions, makes me really excited to be able to be in their position soon.

I finally think I am 100% feeling better. I haven’t coughed in a day or two, which I’m sure, my companion is really grateful for. I eventually went into the health clinic and got some medicine and everything, and it is all cleared up. I saw Kalli Wyatt at the health clinic too, she works there, it was so funny to run into someone I know, I was sooo excited ha-ha. 

I can’t believe I got a C+ in Chemistry and didn’t fail Physics! Dang, I really really don’t want to have to retake that dumb class. Oh well. I really actually miss BYU, I feel like such a nerd that I miss going to class. It is really weird to be sitting in class here and to hear the bell tower playing Come Come Ye Saints, makes me a little homesick every day.

We finally got some snow here in Provo too, for a few days there it was 50 or so degrees and sunny, felt like March, not January, I wonder what the weather is like in Guat. I have not heard anything about travel plans, but we should be getting our itinerary on Friday so keep your fingers crossed.

I read something on Sunday that I really loved, it was Pres Monson's New Year’s Address, and you really should read it. You can find it on LDS.org. I loved a quote he used by Ralph Waldo Emerson. It said, " Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide on, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising to tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and to follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them."

Seriously, my favorite quote of all time. So true. So missionary work. I cannot wait to get into the field and to be able to work for people, not just prepare for people, but action. I loved it, hopefully you guys will too ha-ha. Well I love you guys, I am going to write everyone letters today so be watching the mail. I will let you know as soon as I can about travel plans. Give me some more updates on Tebow mania. Gotta love the guy. Also what’s up with Jimmer? How is he playing?
Anyways love you all, Hasta luego.
-Elder Morrow

No comments:

Post a Comment