Friday, March 1, 2013

2-18-13


Hey Moms,

How’s everything going? Things are good here. We are planning on having another baptism this Saturday. The guy was having second thoughts but I think we helped him get over them last night, so pray for us. I have a lot of faith the guy will do it though. The only problem is I don’t know if it will be this week or not. As zonies we have to baptize all the months, so were working super hard so the date doesn’t fall. Dang February is so short though. Can you believe were just around the corner from General Conference again? Like a month and a half, the last one just felt like a couple of weeks ago. 

Speaking of that though, I got grams package this week, and it was great. Plus the CDs Heather threw in, amazing. There was this one from Bednar when he talks about the tender mercies of the Lord. Needless to say I have been looking for more of those in my life lately and that’s made my week a little more interesting. The investigator that we have a date with to get baptized this Saturday, but he was getting a little cold feet, when we went to church on Sunday the Branch President asked me to help him out because the speaker had cancelled and wasn’t going to show up. This was 30 seconds before the first hymn, but I was just like, ok. After church our Branch President came up to me and was thanking me for bailing him out, and at the same time, our investigator with cold feet walked up to me. The President started talking to him and was just asking him a bunch of questions and stuff. And then he asked him about his baptism. He was kind of like, oh I don’t know, seems all a little fast. And the President replied to him, "I thought it was fast too when the Elders told me I had to get baptized after a week from meeting them, but I acted on faith, and look where it got me after 19 years." Then he just bore him a really powerful testimony about it, I was just standing there kind of awestruck. It really seemed to help our investigator out. 

But that’s where we are at right now, sorry we had to run to Xela for a little bit of an emergency and we ran out of time to write. I will let you know how everything goes next week. Love you guys,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment