Thursday, April 4, 2013

4-1-13



Hey Moms, 

How’s it going? Easter here was pretty good. Other than the heat and the lack of people it was great. It’s super interesting how they celebrate it here. They carry Jesus and the Virgin Mary through the streets and make these big designs on the roads made out of painted saw dust. The other thing they do is they make this special kind of bread and eat it with fruit and homemade honey. It tasted really good, but I also and now pretty sure I suffer from Celiacs. I was feeling pretty uncomfortable every single day, and the only thing I was eating was bread. I literally felt like someone had hooked up an air compressor to my intestinal system. It’s over now though so hopefully I'll be feeling normal again soon.

We got a new comp again this week. I’m Zonie training again. His name is Elder Melara and he is from Salvador. He has about 14 months in the mission and I am pretty sure he is my replacement. I am not sure if I am going to have changes or not just yet. Just that the AP’s told me I have to train him to be a Zonie.

I really like being in trio actually, it makes teaching a little bit harder, but the conversations and everything are a lot easier with three people then just a normal companionship. I really like being with a Latin comp too because your always speaking Spanish. I really love speaking Spanish, it’s such a pretty easy language and it’s really, really grown on me.

Another thing too is that we talked with the leaders of the mission and they are going to open San Andres Xecul now in the zone. We went the other day and looked for houses and everything for the missionaries that are going to be there. I’m so jealous, that would be soo cool to open an area that has never ever had missionaries there before.

We went on Friday to go and look for the houses and that was the biggest day of the Holy Week. It was nuts. I thought for sure we were going to get lynched. I got some sweet photos though. Literally they take Easter to a level I have never ever thought was possible here. It’s strange, but at the same time, I respect it. Easter is such an insignificant and a little bit pagan worshipy in the states I feel like.

I didn’t get any of the packages yet, I don’t know why but hopefully next week. Anyways, that’s about all that’s new here.

 I love you guys; hope you have a great week.
Adam






No comments:

Post a Comment