Monday, October 7, 2013

10-5-13





Hi Mom,

Yeah, we just got done watching the first session of Conference. We watched it in the church because one of our investigators came with us. We have an investigator that is ready to get baptized now. We have a date with her for baptism on the 19 of this month. It was so cool actually. She lives with an old investigator that we had been teaching but she didn't really want anything to do with us, so we had left them. A member had just gone over there to visit and met this new lady, and she invited her to church and she is really, really interested. She even came to the baptism a week ago and totally loved it. So we have been teaching her and she has been coming to church and we took her to conference this morning. The session was really good too. I thought all the talks were amazingly done. I especially liked Elder Dube and Uchtdorf´s talks. I thought it was interesting how much in general the church itself was talked about. Not just what it is, but a lot about who we are and what we believe in. And it was all so centered on Christ. I loved the story Elder Dube shared about how working in the field and how easy it was to look back and think, whoa, we have done so much. But how important it is to be able to look forward and know that that work ahead is more important than what has already been done. That one was for me haha, even though I have been out here for a little bit of time, that does not mean I am done and cannot just be happy with what I have already done. It was pretty inspiring for me honestly. 

This week has been soooo busy and crazy. We had transfers this last week and it was also on the first day of the month. The first of the month is when I have to make all the payments to the missionaries and pay for rent and everything, but it was a little stressful since I had no idea who was going to be where. I was talking on the phone making sure everything had been paid pretty much the majority of the whole week. We also had to go and close down a few areas and take some stuff to some of the missionaries. We went out to the middle of nowhere. We went to one of my companions old areas in Momos. It was unreal. The missionaries live in a little cottage built with the chapel, and the chapel is on top of this huge mountain. There is one dirt road that goes along the mountain and it is so far out in the middle of nowhere. It would have been crazy to have had an area like that. It's seriously so far out in the middle of nowhere. We had to drive on a dirt road for at least an hour in the mission pickup before we arrived. So cool though. That is what I have been up to though. Everything is good here, just trying not to get to fat in here haha.

I love you all and hope you enjoy conference. 
Have a good week and say hi to everyone for me. 

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment