Tuesday, February 7, 2012

He Did It?!


Hey Mom!
Sorry we haven’t emailed in forever. This is our first p-day here. I never thought it would come, it took so long ha-ha. I love it here. I started out in a trio but a kid went home in the other district, so they took Elder Scholl away from Elder Vaughn and me.

I love Elder Vaughn; it has been really fun here. It is a little different but it is really awesome. The structure is a lot more relaxed and the Spanish is coming really fast, pretty much my comp is the only person that I speak any English with, so we are forced to speak all the time. We have two Latino elders in our room with us and they are so awesome. Elder Romero is from Honduras and going to Guat North Mission, Elder Gonzales is from The Ciudad and is going to one of the Honduras Missions. Elder Gonzales is about 5ft tall and 95 lbs soaking wet. He doesn’t speak a word of English, so that has been fun, but Elder Romero speaks English really well so that is really helpful.

We get to spend a lot of time out and about actually. Since the CCM is so overfull we have to walk over to the church building right next to the temple. I bet you could find it on Google maps, it’s a small building but it’s nice to go around. We teach the Latinos pretty often and they teach us, since they are only here for three weeks they are pretty new so they treat us like we actually know what we are doing, even though most of the time I feel like a lost puppy.

We have gone to the temple and asked members for referrals and taught them a little bit, and on Monday morning we are going tracting! Just Elder Vaughn and me ha-ha. We get assigned an area and they just take us and drop us off for a few hours, kind of crazy. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t freaking out a little bit, but at the same time I am soooo excited.

I am blown away at how tiny the people are here ha-ha. Everything is designed for them too. The shower head comes up to about mid chest for me, and basically the only part of my body that fits on my bed is from my neck to my shins, and my arms if I lay them on my chest, I feel like Buddy the Elf, the best part about it too is Elder Vaughn is 6´5, so its even worse for him. I love teaching with him; we tower over people.

We are in a ridiculously nice part of the city, everyone drives BMWs and Mercedes and there are no regulations or laws about window tint here so they all just have totally blacked out windows everywhere. Also outside of my window were looking at the temple and in the background you can just see these giant mansions everywhere, its insane, I will try and send some photos when I am out in the field. I can’t believe I only have 9 days left of the MTC! I am so excited.

To answer a few questions: Yeah there was a big group that flew down with us, but only 10 are going to Xela. The email restrictions are pretty tight here.  There is a 3-week district, we are called the sixers because the six weeks in the mtc, and the old 3 weekers are called the old norte´s, all the white people are called norte´s, and the Latinos nativos. They are all new because they are only here for three weeks. We did not feel the earthquake but we are pretty sure we heard it, it was crazy loud one night. It sounded like 2 cannons going off, kind of crazy ha-ha. But they said it’s pretty usual here. I can’t believe Alex is engaged. That is so weird, what’s up with Bonesy too?

I got a ton of emails today so I am going to run. Tell Alex congrats for me! That is so awesome, I am sad that I will miss it. I wrote a toooon of letters today since we basically had nothing to do all day, so tell everyone to be expecting those. One last thing, dad was asking about the food: beans, rice, eggs, and carne. Pick three. All three meals a day. Yep. Awesome! Anyways I love you guys, hope to hear from you soon!
Les quiero. -Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment