Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First P-day

Hey Mom,
Thank you guys for the emails, I am just going to send one mass email to you and try and answer both yours and dads questions. I guess you guys have already figured out today (Tuesday) is my p-day, and let me tell you it is so nice to have a little break. I will get on at 8:30 again next week if you want to email back and forth.

We have really been grinding this week. So much Spanish. I really have been pleasantly surprised at how well I have a command over the language already. I definitely am the best in my district, which has been kind of nice and at the same time really annoying because everyone is always asking me "como se dice...." for every little thing. I really hope that just since it has been the first week that my district just has not had the chance to adjust to everything yet because a lot of the time I feel like I am the district mom, everyone is always asking me when we have what, and how should I teach this, and I'm lost what do I do, can I study Spanish during personal study, can I read my scriptures during language study? I could go on forever. I feel like sometimes my district does not understand that I have been here just as long as everyone else has been and for some reason since I'm district leader, I all of the sudden have all the answers. 

I do love being district leader however. It is really nice to just tell people what to do every now and then, I am just going to say it now and hope it sticks the rest of my mission, but I don’t think I am going to be a very fun missionary. I am not here to have fun. I remember one of my friends from BYU had a boyfriend who teaches here at the MTC and he said the same thing to me. He always felt like the people who focused on having fun and not on the lessons or the gospel or the investigator were just mediocre missionaries, and the idea of giving up two years of my life to be a mediocre missionary is worse than not going at all. If your here you might as well be working as hard as you can, right? I am really happy here, I love almost every part of the day, but its not because I'm goofing around or trying to have fun. I think if your here to do that your in for a long two years.

You asked about the food mom, well, Jeremiah 4:19-20 sums the food up perfectly. Read that and you will know exactly how I feel.


( I decided to post this in with his email so you don't have to go look it up. Gave Kent and I a good chuckle. " 19 ¶My abowels, my bowels! I am bpained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.
 20 aDestruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my btents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment."  Jeremiah 4:19-20)

I have not really felt overwhelmed. The spirit here is unlike anywhere else in the world. It is such a calm and peaceful place, but at the same time it is so fast paced and just kind of bang bang, but you guys know me, that is perfect for me, I don't want to waste any time. Like I said before the Spanish is coming. It is really hard and frustrating but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am really not too worried about it. We are teaching an "investigator" already, and we have had a few lessons. My part of the lesson always goes really well because I have every little thing perfectly planned out,(big surprise) but my companero, jaja, not so lucky. He is really a great guy. He just does not get that we are in the MTC to learn how to share the gospel. He is so fixated on trying to learn Spanish that I have yet to see him crack open his BOM or PMG in English. To say the least he struggled really badly in our lesson. (I know I'm complaining a lot, but trust me I am really happy)

Tell Grant congratulations, he should be awesome at that calling, Bro James was always really good, but I mean come on, Grants pretty awesome.

There are a few Elders that I have met going to my mission that are not in my district. Only my companion and I are going to Quetzaltenango, but two other elders are also going to Guatemala. We are supposed to leave January 3, so keep your fingers crossed.

I have gotten a few letters from friends, I have heard from Jessie and Lauren; both their letters were amazing. I also got a dear elder from Sabrina. It is so nice just to hear how people are doing. Tell everyone I would love letters, but I would also love some pictures. It is nice just to be able to see everyone’s lovely faces every now and then. I have taken some photos but I don’t know how to attach them to email, plus we are so short on time, I was just going to print them out and mail them to you.

Well I love you guys. My testimony of the gospel really has grown a ton since I have been here. It has been such a blessing this last week. Also send some skittles. Holy crap I need some sugar in my life. Well I am out of time. Hasta Luego. I love you all.
Adios
-Elder Morrow

No comments:

Post a Comment